MY FAVOURITE MAKEUP BITS

Who doesn't love a makeup blog? (I know I love it!)

I've switched and tried a few moisturisers but the one I find great for my dry skin is Nivea Pure & Natural Moistening cream which seems to help my makeup not separate and cling to my dry patches like it usually does when I don't wear it. It also makes my skin feel so soft which is always a good thing!

I usually don't wear primer but when I do its always Benefits Porefessional, which always blurs my big pores which are very hard to hide - but doesn't really make my makeup stay on longer for me.

For foundation I switch between two different kinds Revlon Colourstay Normal/Dry in 110 Ivory or Rimmels BB Cream in Very Light. I normally prefer the BB Cream compared to an actual foundation as I find it more natural and lightweight but both have great coverage, they blend nicely but don't last very long which is a shame as they are both great.

A great drugstore concealer is what we all need in our makeup bag!
Collection Lasting Perfection is the best concealer I've used - well in the drugstores anyway. It can become a little cakey under the eyes and doesn't last all day but with a good setting powder it can go a long way.




I also love Benefits Hoola Bronzer, I use it every single day on the days I decide to wear makeup.
I don't contour but using this makes my cheeks look more chiselled than my natural round face, however you do need to be careful using it especially with pale skin like myself as its hard to make sure you don't put to much on and look cakey but when you put it on with a light hand then it can look very natural.



Everyday I wear the same blush/highlight pallet....Makeup Revolutions
Blush Pallet which includes 4 highlighters and 4 blushes, all beautiful but different.


The only downside is that they do chalk up a little and can look too pigmented (Blush) but do what ever style you prefer. The highlights are insane as you can see in the swatches above. They don't have actual names as far as I know so I've numbered them for you.

For my brows, I love using my Soap and Glory Archery Pencil in Chocolate. With a light hand it can look very natural which is usually the look I go for but can be used for a more structured and bold brow.

For my Eyeshadow I usually switch it up with pallets but I like to use the Urban Decay Naked Ultimate Basics Pallet, the colours are great and are all unique in a way.
 A few of the shades can be chalky (Lethal, Blow, Pre-game and Magnet) they have amazing colours and great pigmentation but I am disappointed with how patchy Lethal can be especially in the swatch but it can look different on the eyes or other places it can be used and they are hard to blend, I seem to be rubbing my skin off  by blending as hard as I do using them. My favourite shade is defiantly faith and commando as they seem to blend easily compared to the others.

Also found the perfect liquid eyeliner (well for me anyway haha) is the Kat Von D Tattoo Eyeliner, it doesn't budge at all or bleed down my face, stays on all day and is the perfect black. Only downside is that the pen dry's up easily so remember to shake it.



My NYX lipsticks are most defiantly my favourite lipsticks, there's a variety of colours but I only own nudes, browns and orange tones.
  • Sandstorm - NYX Suede Liquid Lipstick
  • London - NYX Soft Matt Lip Cream
  • Corset - NYX Lingerie Liquid Lipstick
  • Push Up - NYX Lingerie Liquid Lipstick
They can be very drying and don't last easily but have a great colour range and I really enjoy these lipsticks because of the colours and how they match with my pale skin tone, also easy to match with my other makeup.

These are my favourite makeup bits in my makeup collection and I hope you enjoyed reading.
xx
   




Comments

  1. Love reading this post! thanks for sharing:) Do you want to support each other’s blog by following each other?:) Please let me know if you do so I can follow you right back x

    Xx,
    Hilary
    www.theclosetelf.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yeah, would be great to support each others blogs. Followed you xx

      Delete

Post a Comment